How to apply to become the 2014 Clipsal 500 Adelaide Official Charity...
The Clipsal 500 Adelaide Charity Program began in 1999 in conjunction with the inaugural Clipsal 500 Adelaide. Over the past 13 years the event has provided a platform for charities to raise funds and gain greater exposure and understanding of their charity amongst thousands.
The South Australian Motor Sport Board, who stages the Clipsal 500 Adelaide, proudly appoints an annual Official Charity for the Clipsal 500 Adelaide.
Applications are now open to any charity wishing to apply for the 2014 Clipsal 500 Adelaide.
Whilst in the past the process had stipulated that a charity is not able to be appointed twice this restriction has been changed. For the 2014 event a charity that was Official Charity 10 years ago or more can apply to become the Official Charity of the event once more.
If you are thinking about applying to be the Official Charity please consider the following:
- Does you charity have experience in events?
- Do you have a volunteer base large enough to effectively service the Clipsal 500 which covers 97 hectares and last year saw 263,400 people attend over four days?
- Do you have the ability to promote your association with the event through various channels?
- What could your charity bring to the Clipsal 500 Adelaide that will enhance the event?
If you are selected as the Official Charity you will receive the following benefits:
- 3 x 3 m marquee display site
- ½ page recognition in the events Official Program
- Opportunity to supply ads for the on track 500FMTV network
- Tickets and prizes valued at over $3,000 to auction with all proceeds going to your charity
- Recognition on the Clipsal 500 Adelaide website and social media pages
- Use of the Clipsal 500 Adelaide logo on the charities promotional material
- The opportunity to approach V8 Supercars for driver ambassador, course car laps and signed merchandise.
- Opportunity to run a fundraising initiative at and in conjunction with the event to raise funds with their association with the event. Past charities have raised anywhere from $20k-100k
Applications for the 2014 Clipsal 500 Adelaide Official Charity are now OPEN!
We invite you to send us a 2 page expression of interest addressed to:
Luisa Spiniello, Marketing Executive,
PO Box V8, Kent Town, SA 5071.
Please address the following criteria in your expression of interest:
- Overview of your charity including key purpose, objectives, goals.
- What is the size of your volunteer base?
- Brief summary of proposed activities or initiatives you would like to undertake at the event if your charity is successful.
- What marketing channels do you have at your disposal to promote the association between your charity and the Clipsal 500 Adelaide?
- Highlight if you have been the Clipsal 500 Official Charity previously and if so which event year.
- Please enclose a copy of your latest Annual Report or newsletter.
Expressions of interest close Friday 2 November
Shortlisted charities will be contacted by Friday 16 November
2014 Official Charity appointed by Friday 14 December
If you require any further information please contact Luisa Spiniello, Marketing Executive on:
Phone: 08 8212 8500 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org